Saturday 28 March 2009

Injury Yourself, or DIY Injuries

It takes a special person to cut themselves with an electric shaver (it was a long time ago, alright?!) or even with a pair of pliers.

On this occasion, I had been invited to remove a particularly troublesome nail well-fixed into a wall. I was supplied with a pair of pliers, and the nail was at a slightly inconvenient height.

When the pliers slipped off the nail the second time, they landed on my left hand, which I had been using to support the right hand in its removal action.

The jaws of the pliers closed, bringing the wire-cutter-bit into the fleshy bit of my palm, and sticking there in an impressive blood blister.

Quite how I managed to split the end of my forefinger as well, I have no idea.

I am not the King of DIY.

No comments: