Friday 2 March 2007

Pancakes for lunch

Having been planning to do so for days, I finally made pancakes for lunch.

This is the recipe I used:

  • 110g flour
  • Pinch salt
  • 1 medium egg plus 1 yolk
  • 225/275ml milk
  • 2 tbsps melted butter (probably about 1.5 in the end).

It made six pancakes. The first was so large it was a joke. The last was only half a pancake. I would have thought that I could have got eight out of that recipe.

Still, they were tasty enough, but I'm not sure they needed the melted butter. Firstly, it's a bit of a faff to make, complicating the recipe more than I can really be bothered with. And secondly, it makes the pancakes pretty rich, which is not ideal if you plan to cram as many into you as I did.

We had them with asparagus (from a tin, rather than from overseas) and cream cheese.

No comments: