Friday 11 April 2008

A short wishlist

I want sandwiches that taste of something other than limp bread and cold lettuce.

I want to taste all of my food and drink, and have it taste of something other than tapioca starch and emulsifiers and hydrolysed vegetable protein and flavourings.

I want to eat food off real plates, rather than out of plastic-and-cardboard containers that "fold out to form a handy tray!" and out of cups or glasses rather than horrid little plastic tubs. And I want to be sitting down when I eat (and not in a car), rather than dodging my way down the street with half my lunch in my hand.

I want pens that write, first time, without spiralling them 'round an old envelope for five minutes before throwing them, frustrated, in the bin.

I want things that last, rather than disposables that go in the trash after five minutes.

I want clothes that fit me, and are nice to wear, and not made in a sweatshop somewhere in Asia.

I want journalism, considered reporting, rather than five members of the public giving their inane, ill-informed opinions about every event that happens near them.

Oh, and I want a decent summer this year.

Is that so much to ask?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You won't get them if you don't say please ...... ;0)