Friday 15 June 2007

SotD: Friday 16th June

Today's shirt is purple, with white and gold stripes. It's a very bold shirt, perfectly suited to a Friday, probably less dressy than some of the others we've seen so far. It has squared-off double cuffs, as I'm sure you've come to expect.

This is one of those shirts that come supplied with cuff-links, which I'm never sure about for at least two reasons:
  1. I kind of resent the implication that the makers think the buyer (i.e. me) either doesn't have any cuff-links, or that the ones they do have aren't good enough for their shirt. Or that they think they know better what "works" with the shirt's "concept". Humph.
  2. I have a suspicion that it's a bit naff. That said, a number of people (from both XX and XY varieties) have commented on it in the past, so perhaps it's one of those accessorising details I keep hearing about.
And finally, no placket at all on this shirt, which is a relief after the last few days. Honestly, I was getting placket fatigue.

Vital statistics:
Price: 3/5 (but bought in the sale :-)
Colour: 5/5
Fabric: 3.5/5
Fit: 4/5
Total: 15.5/20 (the highest we've seen so far! Amazing!)
Special features: Matching cuff-links, embroidered side gussets, removable collar stiffeners.

Review-Gi-Oh! summary:
For: Very, very funky colour.
Against: Colour a bit shocking for some occasions.

No comments: